Our Council Plan outlines what we want to see by 2027 and how we will achieve it.
A greener, cooler and more liveable City
- Increasing canopy cover and diversity of tree species across our streets and open spaces.
- Facilitating the greening of our built environment, through green roofs, walls and facades.
A City with lower carbon emissions
- Reducing Council energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Facilitating a reduction in community greenhouse gas emissions by partnering with the community and private sector.
- Promoting sustainable and low energy precinct infrastructure, including in Fishermans Bend.
A City that is adapting and resilient to climate change
- Increasing community resilience to the impacts of climate change.
- Requiring development to adapt to and positively influence the local climate.
- Managing and reducing the impacts of flooding and sea level rise.
A water sensitive City
- Reducing potable water consumption by encouraging more efficient water use and establishing alternative water sources.
- Improving the quality of water entering Port Phillip Bay and increasing ground permeability.
A sustained reduction in waste
- Reducing waste and maximising recycling and diversion from landfill through service innovation and facilitating community action.
- Managing waste collection to improve amenity and achieve cleaner streets, public spaces and foreshore areas.